[openssl-users] Failed to load libssl.so.1.1 while execuitng openssl comand

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Mon Nov 14 15:42:19 UTC 2016

In message <BN3PR07MB2467224C332D464E9B27056E97BB0 at BN3PR07MB2467.namprd07.prod.outlook.com> on Fri, 11 Nov 2016 14:46:23 +0000, "Gupta, Saurabh" <Saurabh.Gupta at cavium.com> said:

Saurabh.Gupta> I tried to execute ./openssl s_server command in the latest Openssl
Saurabh.Gupta> Version 1.1.0c after doing Openssl compilation steps:
Saurabh.Gupta> ./config
Saurabh.Gupta> make
Saurabh.Gupta> make test
Saurabh.Gupta> make install
Saurabh.Gupta> and It's throwing this error below:
Saurabh.Gupta> ./openssl: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.1: cannot
Saurabh.Gupta> open shared object file: No such file or directory
Saurabh.Gupta>
Saurabh.Gupta> after debugging this issue I found this error is coming because
Saurabh.Gupta> libssl.so.1.1 is not present in /usr/lib64 directory.
Saurabh.Gupta> but by default it should search these library in /usr/local/lib64/
Saurabh.Gupta> directory.

Is that on Linux?  Configure like this:

./config -Wl,--enable-new-dtags,-rpath,'$(LIBRPATH)'

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org