[openssl-users] Query for Openssl-1.1.0.

Mukesh Yadav write2mukesh84 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 14:30:32 UTC 2016

HI,

I am updating a solution from openssl-1.0.2 to openssl-1.1.0.

Here I see most of earlier definations of struct like EVP_PKEY_CTX/HMAC_CTX
are made local within Openssl.

To access, thier internal struct member, new API's are introduced.

Ex. const EVP_CIPHER *test = EVP_des_cbc();
       int a = test->ctx_size;

This old code doesnt work with new Openssl-1.1.0.
     To get this working, code need to be changed to
      int a = EVP_CIPHER_impl_ctx_size(EVP_des_cbc());

      Similarly facing issue while using sizeof(HMAC_CTX).
      After browing/grep inside openssl-1.1.0, didnt saw any replacement
for using code like sizeof(HMAC_CTX) outside library from application..

Error:
a.c:24: error: invalid application of 'sizeof' to incomplete type 'HMAC_CTX'

Any pointer for resolving this, will be helpful.
Thanks in advance..

Thanks
Mukesh