[openssl-users] Code-Architecture questions while compiling OpenSSL for STM32-processors

Ajay Garg ajaygargnsit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 14:03:10 UTC 2016

Hi All.

I wish to compile openssl libraries for a STM32-processor (which would then
be linked statically with our application-framework code).

Now. I believe that OpenSSL uses tonnes of "malloc"s and "free"s. But for
bare-metal-systems (without any formal OSes), we generally don't have any
heap-memory.

So, what is the protocol for compiling OpenSSL for such systems?
I am sorry, but this is the first time I would be compiling for a non-OS
entity.

Will be thankful for inputs.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay