[openssl-users] OpenSSL 1.0.2h reports speed test results as 0 secs and Infk ops/sec

Jeff Wieland wieland at purdue.edu
Tue Nov 29 19:31:54 UTC 2016

Dennis Clarke wrote:

>> Have you tried running Oracle's builds of OpenSSL?  They do the same
>> thing on the UltraSPARC 2e:
>
> This is officially a bug. I'll file it and start looking into this one.
>
> Very odd.
>
> I will try this on a few other RISC architectures and see what I see.
> Starting with Power6.
>
> Dennis

It's been a while for this :-).

I'm thinking that this is a Solaris bug.  Have you opened a ticket with
Oracle about it?
I just patched one of my UltraSPARC 2e systems with the latest patches,
and the problem
remains.

It's still easy to demonstrate:

On UltraSPARC 3i:

$ /bin/time tar cf /dev/null /opt/solstudio12.2

real       48.7
user        0.5
sys         4.4

On UltraSPARC 2e:

$ /bin/time tar cf /dev/null /opt/solstudio12.2

real     1:08.1
user        0.0
sys         0.0

On the UltraSPARC 2e (in this case a Sun Blade 150), the user and sys
times shouldn't be 0.0.

--
Jeff Wieland, UNIX/Network Systems Administrator
Purdue University IT Infrastructure Services UNIX Platforms