[openssl-users] calloc vs kssl_calloc

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Sat Oct 1 21:18:44 UTC 2016

> However there are very many OpenSSL users (myself included) who rely on
> the legal status of OpenSSL/SSLeay as having no US origin parts.  If this has
> changed, it needs a big red banner at the top of the www.openssl.org, every
> affected source file with the original EAY copyright boilerplate or its OpenSSL
> clone etc.

As of 1.1.0 every single file has modifications by US Citizens because I globally changed the copyright.

We are NOT going to mark US/non-US contributions, sorry.

OpenSSL and SSLeay has always had US contributions, it's just that we were done indirectly.  For example, "git show eb64730" which was early 2000.