[openssl-users] Questions on internal-buffers being used

Ajay Garg ajaygargnsit at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 19:06:21 UTC 2016

Hi All.

a)
In the call,

                      int BIO_new_bio_pair(BIO **bio1, size_t
writebuf1, BIO **bio2, size_t writebuf2);

are internal-buffers malloc'ed for each of "bio1" and "bio2"?

If yes, is there a way to pass buffers from the application-layer?
I ask this, because not all systems possess dynamic-memory allocation
(or at least "malloc" is not available on all systems).

b)
Irrespective of the values of "writebuf1" and "writebuf2" in a), I see
that everything works perfect.
So, there's got to be some internal-buffer that manages the complete
ssl-packet, most probably instantiated via the call

                      BIO* BIO_new(BIO_f_ssl());

Here too, is it possible to pass the buffer from application-layer
(because of same reasons as above)?

Will be grateful for pointers.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay