[openssl-users] OpenSSL 1.0.2.f undefined reference: _Stoul

Craig_Weeks at trendmicro.com Craig_Weeks at trendmicro.com
Tue Oct 18 20:05:07 UTC 2016

Ok, I see *how* this is happening, but I don't understand why.  In the version of stdlib.h that I am including I see:

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
#if defined(__cplusplus) && !defined(_NO_CPP_INLINES)
[snip]
#else /* defined(__cplusplus) && !defined(_NO_CPP_INLINES) */
_C_LIB_DECL
		/* DECLARATIONS AND MACRO OVERRIDES, FOR C */
typedef int _Cmpfun(const void *, const void *);

int atexit(void (*)(void));
void * bsearch(const void *, const void *, size_t, size_t, _Cmpfun *);
void qsort(void *, size_t, size_t, _Cmpfun *);

double atof(const char *);
int atoi(const char *);
long atol(const char *);
double strtod(const char *_Restrict, char **_Restrict);
unsigned long strtoul(const char *_Restrict, char **_Restrict, int);

#define atof(str)	_Stod(str, 0, 0)
#define atoi(str)	(int)_Stoul(str, 0, 10)
#define atol(str)	(long)_Stoul(str, 0, 10)
#define strtod(str, endptr)	_Stod(str, endptr, 0)
#define strtoul(str, endptr, base)	_Stoul(str, endptr, base)
[snip]
#endif

So, for C code this header maps strtoul() (see parse_tagging() in crypto/asn1/asn1_gen.c for an example) to _Stroul().  That is definitely "helping" me more than I want but I don't know how to make it stop.