[openssl-users] Enabling FIPS on an custom embedded system.

Eric Tremblay fremeneric at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 20:37:44 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have built the FIPS module into our Platform but I am stuck at the point
to enable it.

We need FIPS to be enabled « Platform wide » not just for one application.

I have read the documentation and search on the web for answer but it seem
that I would have

to modify a package or write a small application just to enable FIPS.

Is there another way to enable it on startup of Linux ?  or maybe something
in OpenSSH ?

I also read about the OPENSSL_Config in the User Guide but I’m not sure
if/who and how it is called.

I am working with OpenSSL 1.0.2j and FIPS 2.0.9.

Thanks

Eric