[openssl-users] OpenSSL Dragino Yun Issues

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Fri Sep 2 08:32:19 UTC 2016

On 02/09/16 09:15, Nikola Milev wrote:
> Matt,
>
> I have not compiled it myself. Compiling simpler applications for my
> Dragino Yun shield is complicated enough.
>
> One thing that did come to mind was: could the cross compilation for
> Dragino be messing with the program in any way? Also quite new in all of it.

Possibly, but I'm not familiar with Dragino so I can't really comment.

> Back to OpenSSL, are there any additional settings that could have
> caused the error?

None that spring to mind.

> Also, I have a question about this issue on Stack Overflow. If we
> resolve the issue, I think it would be good to post it there as an
> answer, if you agree.

Sure.

If you are unable to compile OpenSSL and it doesn't have debugging
symbols then its going to be difficult to take the diagnosis of this
problem much further.

An alternative solution for you might be a "workaround". Rather than
calling BIO_do_accept(), you could create the socket yourself directly
(i.e. not using the BIO calls). Once you have the have the socket file
descriptor you can create a BIO from it using BIO_new_socket().

Matt