[openssl-users] Installed openssl isn't recognized by TrouSerS

.uservorname .usernachname dokumentarfilme at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 5 15:57:14 UTC 2016

Greetings,
I configured and successfully installed openssl on my readynas duo machine (http://netgear.nas-central.org/wiki/Category:ReadyNasDUO )
However the software TrouSerS tell me to install openssl.
nas-02-90-38:~# openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.0t 3 Dec 2015
nas-02-90-38:~# cd /media/trousers-0.3.13
nas-02-90-38:/media/trousers-0.3.13# ./configure
checking build system type... sparc-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... sparc-unknown-linux-gnu
checking target system type... sparc-unknown-linux-gnu
/media/trousers-0.3.13/missing: Unknown '--is-lightweight' option
Try '/media/trousers-0.3.13/missing --help' for more information
configure: WARNING: 'missing' script is too old or missing
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking Non-standard OpenSSL location... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for EVP_DigestUpdate in -lcrypto... no
configure: error: openssl is currently the only supported crypto library for trousers. Please install openssl from http://www.openssl.org or the -devel package from your distro
nas-02-90-38:/media/trousers-0.3.13#
Is it possible that openssl is installed but the function EVP_DigestUpdate in -lcrypto... is missing? Any advice would be appreciated.B.R martin