[openssl-users] OpenSSL 1.0.2h reports speed test results as 0 secs and Infk ops/sec

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Mon Sep 12 04:22:10 UTC 2016

On 09/11/2016 03:44 PM, Jeff Wieland wrote:
> I see the same thing on Sun Blade 150 (650Mhz), with OpenSSL 1.0.2h
> compiled with Studio 12.2 -- and with a Sun Fire V100 (550Mhz).
>
> It works correctly on a Sun Fire V240 (1.5Ghz), a Sun Ultra 10 (440Mhz),
> a Sun Fire T1000, and Sun Enterprise M3000.
>
> I see these results with both 32 bit and 64 bit builds.
>
> It looks like you're building and running this on an UltraSPARC 2e
> architecture system -- this is what the SB150 and the V100 are.

Hrmmm .. not sure what that means. Given that I run Configure with the
"no-asm" option then I would think that cross platform consistency
would happen. I would have to go diving into the source to find out
where the timings are happening. On Solaris the best timer is the
gethrtime() function as it works down to the nanosec and is accurate to
the millisec at least.

Dennis