[openssl-users] 1.1.0 Failed to Compile using Visual Studio 6 and SDK 2003 SP1

Mauricio Rodriguez mauriciorodriguez007 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 15:57:43 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have been able to compile 1.1.0 with no issues using just about all
versions of VStudio .NET2003/2005/2008/2010. So, all good there. However,
the compilation process using Visual studio 6 has not been smooth and still
fails. Here is the environment I am using:

   - CL.exe - Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version
   12.00.8804 for 80x86 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-1998. All rights
   reserved.
   - Windows Server 2003 SP1 SDK
   - My desktop is running Windows 8 Version 6.3 (Build 9600)

I have been modifying 'a bit' a few of the source files and makefile to
make it work. Simple things as compiler not recognizing certain macros such
the declaration of the 'long long' variable using LL, which I had to switch
to i64 (see 2 lines below)

//static const int64_t kBottom25Bits = 0x1ffffffLL;              //
original line
static const int64_t kBottom25Bits = 0x1ffffffi64;            //   it now
compiles using Visual Studio 6 compiler

I was able to compile the core programs but now getting lots of errors
while compiling the 'test programs', so I wanted to post this message to
see if this is due to the environment I am using and/or user error or if
there is a real issue somewhere. Most of the issues while compiling the
test programs are linked to missing data types while using the #define
statements in the source code - which there are hundreds of them. Since I
just registered to gain access to this group and this is my first post,
I'll wait to see if someone wants additional (specific details) about my
project. I can then send make file and specific errors during compilation.

Thank you very much for anyone replying to my email.

Mauricio