[openssl-users] SSL_shutdown return error when close in init

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Wed Apr 19 13:49:36 UTC 2017

On 19/04/2017 14:35, Salz, Rich via openssl-users wrote:
>> The OpenSSL documentation makes it clear
>> that you must keep calling the same asynchronous function with the same
>> parameters until the async job has completed.
> Is there a way we can (relatively cheaply) check for that type of programming error and return an "in progress on another op" error?
Also, for the shutdown case, it would be nice (in general) if attempting
shutdown during a handshake will make the handshake abort as soon as the
protocol allows, rather than going through all the remaining steps and
their transmissions.

In other words, returning appropriate errors/alerts to the other end
according to the handshake step.

Enjoy

Jakob