[openssl-users] Certificate chain validation

Lei Kong leikong at msn.com
Sat Apr 22 00:09:11 UTC 2017

https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.0.2/ssl/SSL_CTX_use_certificate.html
https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.0.2/ssl/SSL_CTX_add_extra_chain_cert.html

The linked documents didn’t say the APIs must be called on *client* side, and it works fine in my code on both client and server side.
I am under the impression that there is no asymmetry in terms of *sending* side chain building for client and server side, what you said below means client side always sends *partial* chain to server side?

Thanks.