[openssl-users] What does this error mean? sslv3 alert certificate unknown:state 23

Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL uri at ll.mit.edu
Tue Apr 25 19:17:24 UTC 2017

On 4/24/17, 7:26 PM, "openssl-users on behalf of Viktor Dukhovni" <openssl-users-bounces at openssl.org on behalf of openssl-users at dukhovni.org> wrote:

    I get slightly annoyed when I take the time to help, but my response is
    skimmed over and not read carefully.  Upthread I said:

    See my recent post: https://www.spinics.net/lists/openssl-users/msg05623.html
    for instructions on how to extract SSL info from PCAP files in a way that
    mostly trims away endpoint details...

My apologies. Please find attached the tshark-processed (as instructed) PCAPNG file. I’d love to learn what one can glean from it.

    If the alert is from the application to the proxy, then most likely the
    application does not trust the proxy MiTM root CA.

Thanks!