[openssl-users] QcStatements with OpenSSL (C++)?

lists lists at rustichelli.net
Wed Apr 26 15:06:58 UTC 2017

On 04/17/2017 06:40 PM, Matthias Ballreich wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> can OpenSSL pasre QcStatement X509v3 Extension btw. Did OpenSSL
> Support these?
>
> Any Piece of example Code of how can i parse the data?

To my knowledge, there is direct support for the qcStatements, you must
parse it yourself.
I asked for some help on the list more or less a month ago, I was trying
to develop the required structures but apparently I got lost in the
OpenSSL macro jungle, finally I had to quit working on it.
What you can do is search for specific statements of interest to you
(there are quite a bit) by parsing the attribute.
Get the attribute NID of the object in the extension and see if it
matches the NID of qcStatements:

oneObj = X509_EXTENSION_get_object(oneExt);
objnid = OBJ_obj2nid(theObj);
if (objnid == NID_qcStatements)
   { printf("DEBUG:ext:GOTCHA!:this is qcStatements!\n"); }

you then extract the data from the object and parse it.
For the moment I have this ugly quick way of doing it, for instance for
a simple one:

#define UC_id_etsi_qcs_QcCompliance "0.4.0.1862.1.1"

   if (strstr(extdump, UC_id_etsi_qcs_QcCompliance) == NULL)
     { printf("INFO:QcCompliance:no:\n"); }
   else
     { printf("INFO:QcCompliance:yes:\n"); }