[openssl-users] How many SAN entries...?

Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL uri at ll.mit.edu
Wed Apr 26 17:03:24 UTC 2017

A naïve question. A certificate that contains SAN attribute(s) – is there a limit on how many, say, RFC822 SAN attributes can a valid certificate have?

It’s been my understanding that a cert can contain as many SAN attributes as needed, but it appears that Apple believes it has to be only one (because certificates with more than one are not processed properly).

Sanity check: please validate – am I correct that having, say, two RFC822 email addresses in one cert is OK?

—

Regards,

Uri