[openssl-users] 802.1AR certificate generation and the config file

Dr. Stephen Henson steve at openssl.org
Fri Aug 11 18:47:23 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> I would want the 'openssl req' command to prompt for hwType and
> hsSerialNum.  At least for now.

Note that you can't get the 'openssl req' command prompt for this but you can
generate the extension in an appropriate syntax: see my other message for
details.

You could prompt externally and pass the values as environment variables to
openssl req of constuct the whole config file on the fly.

Steve.