[openssl-users] 802.1AR certificate generation and the config file

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Aug 14 04:02:49 UTC 2017

I am getting a SAN in the csr e.g.:

         Attributes:
         Requested Extensions:
             X509v3 Subject Alternative Name:
                 IP Address:192.168.2.1

this is with the following in the config:

[ req ]
# Options for the `req` tool (`man req`).
default_bits        = 2048
distinguished_name  = req_distinguished_name
string_mask         = utf8only
req_extensions = req_ext

[ req_ext ]
subjectAltName = IP:192.168.2.1

But I am not getting SAN in the cert.  Perhaps I need something for SAN
in the -extensions section?  Right now I only have:

[ 8021ar_idevid ]
# Extensions for IEEE 802.1AR iDevID certificates (`man x509v3_config`).
basicConstraints = CA:FALSE
authorityKeyIdentifier = keyid,issuer:always
keyUsage = critical, digitalSignature, keyEncipherment

????