[openssl-users] Cant seem to get prompt no to work

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Aug 17 22:09:53 UTC 2017

On 08/17/2017 05:38 PM, Salz, Rich wrote:
>> declare -x organizationalUnitName=""
>> routines:ASN1_mbstring_ncopy:string too short:a_mbstr.c:151:minsize=1
>
> You are setting an empty OU.  You should not set it and see if that works

organizationalUnitName = "."  puts a . in it.  So I have to figure out a
way to drop that line from the config.

like if a field is not needed:

sed -i -e "s/^organizationalUnitName/#organizationalUnitName/w
/dev/stdout" openssl-root.cnf

But this is not quite right.  I have to find the one that has ENV in
it.  I DO have an example of one such to use...