[openssl-users] Throwing in the towel on ENV for DN

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Aug 18 14:50:13 UTC 2017

On 08/18/2017 08:46 AM, Salz, Rich via openssl-users wrote:
> This has been a long email thread.  Can you open a github issue and summarize the improvements you think we should make?
>
> Thanks.
>
> And thanks for your patience!

When I get through the "lessons learned" step, I will ask you how to
open an issue.

I just spent 2 hours fighting with variables and how to build the
command line, until I realized that I have left "prompt = no" and made
other changes and that where my error was...

-subj on the command line does not seem to work if "prompt = no", or it
is processed after taking what is in cnf.

Bob