[openssl-users] ASN1 & Recursive Structures definition

Dr. Pala madwolf at openca.org
Sat Dec 2 03:22:09 UTC 2017

Hi Richard,

thanks :D That worked. I have a new challenge for you now. Here's what I
am trying to do:

ASN1_SEQUENCE(TEST);
ASN1_SEQUENCE(TBS_TEST) = {
     ASN1_SIMPLE(TBS_TEST, version, ASN1_INTEGER),
     ASN1_EXP_SEQUENCE_OF_OPT(TBS_TEST, otherTests, TEST, 0)
} ASN1_SEQUENCE_END(TEST)

IMPLEMENT_ASN1_FUNCTIONS(TBS_TEST) [**]

ASN1_SEQUENCE(TEST) = {
     ASN1_SIMPLE(TEST, tbsTest, ASN1_INTEGER),
     ASN1_EXP_OPT(TEST, optionalSignature, TEST_SIGNATURE, 0)
} ASN1_SEQUENCE_END(TEST)

IMPLEMENT_ASN1_FUNCTIONS(TEST) [**]

In this case, the difference is that TBS_TEST has, inside the otherTests
that are of type TEST. The TEST is built out of a tbsTest and an
optionalSignature - but it is defined after TBS_TEST.

What to do in this case ?

Cheers,
Max