[openssl-users] Certificate Verify and non-root Trust Anchors

Dr. Pala madwolf at openca.org
Mon Dec 11 23:03:51 UTC 2017

Hi Victor,

thanks :D I just tried to set it and I get a different error now : 22
(certificate chain too long)... I suspect it is a side effect of using
the  X509_V_FLAG_PARTIAL_CHAIN flag... ? (no chain restrictions are set
in the certificates themselves...), but I have not dug into the vfy code
yet...

... any suggestion on how to fix this ? Do you think it is actually a
bug ? ... or am I missing some other configs / setting I should have
done for the verify param ?

Cheers,
Max