[openssl-users] Multiple parallel connections in s_server?

Michael Shirley mshirley at nsslabs.com
Wed Dec 13 18:09:01 UTC 2017

Apologies if this has been answered before somewhere, but I could not find a reference to it in the docs:
Is s_server capable of handling multiple client connections in parallel, or is processing of each connection serial? For example, if I open a connection to s_server with one client by completing a TCP 3-way handshake, but pause before sending a client hello to initiate the SSL handshake, and then I open another connection from a different client. Will s_server hold the second session without proceeding through the SSL handshake with a server hello message until the first connection completes?

Thanks,
-Mike