[openssl-users] How to make a digest or hash of sent messages

Ananthaneni Saitejachowdary ananthaneni.saitejachowdary at citrix.com
Thu Dec 21 04:51:46 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am want to send client certificate, client key exchange and client verify in a single handshake message which appears as multiple handshake messages in a single record. But to sent the client verify I need to first make a hash of previous messages(client certificate and client key exchange) to create the signature.

Can anyone help me to find the function in OpenSSL 1.1.1-dev  xx XXX xxxx that can do a proper transcript(digest or hash not clear). I tried using ssl3_finish_mac() on the message containing client certificate and client key exchange and then tried to generate the signature in certificate verify message.
But it is giving me a digest error. I am new to the mailing list want a bit of help to proceed forward stuck here. Please reply in case if anything is not clear.

Regards,
Saiteja