[openssl-users] [EXTERNAL] Certificate gets verified OK over SSL-CLI, but not when using SSL-API

Manuel Wagesreither ManWag at FastMail.FM
Fri Dec 22 15:43:56 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I just found out that this problem only occurs when I'm linking the executable against libssl 1.0.1k. When linking against libssl 1.1.0f, the certificate does get validated fine.

Does anyone know possible reasons? Do these libssl versions differ in regard to certificate validation? I would like my code to work with libssl 1.0.1k preferably.

Regards,
Manuel