[openssl-users] Compiling OpenSSL 1.1.0e with AF_ALG engine

Richard Weinberger richard at sigma-star.at
Wed Feb 22 20:20:02 UTC 2017

Am 22.02.2017 um 12:24 schrieb David Oberhollenzer:
> Sorry, never mind. After taking a closer look at the source code I saw
> that there are further compile time and run-time kernel version
> checks in e_afalg.c. I adjusted the version number and got that to
> work now.

Well, why does the afalg engine depend on Linux 4.1?
AF_ALG is part of Linux since 2.6.38.

Furthermore it is not clear to me why the Kernel version is being
checked during the build.
What if I build on an older kernel?
Does your build system offer a config option for that?

Thanks,
//richard

--
sigma star gmbh - Eduard-Bodem-Gasse 6 - 6020 Innsbruck - Austria
ATU66964118 - FN 374287y