[openssl-users] Specify padding scheme with EVP_VerifyFinal

openssl at tuta.io openssl at tuta.io
Thu Feb 23 18:37:46 UTC 2017

Hi Michel,

it looks like what I am looking for, but the software uses EVP_VerifyInit_ex which is a typedef for EVP_DigestInit_ex. How are those functions related to EVP_DigestVerifyInit? Can I use EVP_DigestVerify* functions along with EVP_Verify* functions? I must not break compatibility with the old implementation which needs to support arbitrary MD algorithms.

Thank you for your response!
Tom