[openssl-users] How to override methods in EVP_PKEY_METHOD structure that is attached to a EVP_PKEY_CTX?

Stephan Mühlstrasser stm at pdflib.com
Mon Feb 27 14:55:29 UTC 2017

Am 27.02.17 um 15:34 schrieb Dr. Stephen Henson:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017, Stephan M?hlstrasser wrote:

>> How is it supposed to be possible to retrieve the original
>> operations from an EVP_PKEY_METHOD pointer?
>>

> Ah I see you're using OpenSSL 1.0.2. There isn't a way to get the existing
> function pointers in 1.0.2, the "getter" functions are only in 1.1.0.

Ok, I looked at the evp.h header in the 1.1.0 branch, and there I can
see the getter functions. So I understand that I would have to backport
those getter functions to the 1.0.2 branch in my repository if I wanted
to use them with 1.0.2.

> There shouldn't be any need to add the method to the list: it should be
> possible to associate an EVP_PKEY with a non-default method (e.g. explicitly
> or implemented in an ENGINE). I say *should* because there doesn't seem to be
> currently a way to do that without changing EVP_PKEY internal fields (which
> isn't possible in 1.1.0 anyway).

I'm sorry, I don't get what you are trying to tell me in the above
paragraph. Are you talking about an alternative way to set up the
methods in the EVP_PKEY_METHOD structure?

--
Stephan