[openssl-users] TLS v1.1 and v1.2 support in windows XP

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Mon Jan 2 10:35:28 UTC 2017

On 02/01/17 10:21, shashank.a - wrote:
> Hi Matt,
> Thanks for the update.
> Please guide me on how to build openssl library for windows XP,since
> currently we have pre-compiled library for windows 7 only.

Decide whether you need version 1.0.2 or 1.1.0 (1.1.0 is the latest but
is not fully source compatible with the 1.0.x releases). Download the
source from here:

https://www.openssl.org/source

Unpack the file and follow the instructions in:

- INSTALL and NOTES.WIN if using version 1.1.0
- INSTALL.W32 if using version 1.0.2

Matt