[openssl-users] Unable to build with dmake

Rajat Srivastava rajat.srivastava01 at nagarro.com
Wed Jan 4 11:14:48 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am working on windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1

I downloaded OpenSSL version openssl-1.1.0c and installed Active Perl v5.24.0 built for MSWin32-x64-multi-thread

I installed Text::Template, dmake and MinGW (not sure if I should have installed MinGW)

I ran command "perl configure VC-WIN32" which ran successfully.

When I run dmake command it says:

"dmake.exe:  makefile:  line 51:  Error: -- Expecting macro or rule defn, found neither"

Line 51 in make file is:

!IF "$(DESTDIR)" != ""

Please let me know how to resolve this error.

Regards,

Rajat Srivastava