[openssl-users] Unable to build with dmake

Benjamin Kaduk bkaduk at akamai.com
Wed Jan 4 18:21:31 UTC 2017

On 01/04/2017 07:09 AM, Richard Levitte wrote:
> Try with nmake, which comes with Visual Studio.
>
> (I now noticed we haven't made nmake a requirement, while we expect
> everyone to use it with the VC-* config targets.  We should be more
> explicit about this)

Interestingly, having recently configured 1.1.0c on a windows system,
something printed out a warning to the effect of "you seem to not have
nmake.exe on your path; you probably want to install it or dmake to
continue" (even though nmake was usable from that cmd.exe prompt!).
Searching, though, it seems that this is an artifact of some upstream
perl module rather than Configure itself, so it's unclear how reliably
we can prevent it from appearing or modify it to match our requirements
more closely.

-Ben