[openssl-users] Build problems on Windows

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Tue Jan 10 19:20:30 UTC 2017

On 10/01/2017 19:43, Matt Caswell wrote:
>   Notes on Perl on Windows
>   ------------------------
>
>   There are a number of build targets that can be viewed as "Windows".
>   Indeed, there are VC-* configs targeting VisualStudio C, as well as
>   MinGW and Cygwin. The key recommendation is to use "matching" Perl,
>   one that matches build environment. For example, if you will build
>   on Cygwin be sure to use the Cygwin package manager to install Perl.
>   For MSYS builds use the MSYS provided Perl. For VC-* builds we
>   recommend ActiveState Perl, available from
>   http://www.activestate.com/ActivePerl.

Really?, I thought ActiveState ActivePerl was pretty much dead/historic.

While I have not bothered with OpenSSL 1.1.x builds yet, I usually use
Strawberry Perl for VC-related work, and it seems to work fine with the
1.0.2 sources.  Since I have not tested with 1.1.x sources, this is
obviously not intended as advice to people trying to build, more as
something you might consider for an updated version of NOTES.PERL
(after testing it of cause).

Enjoy

Jakob