[openssl-users] Should openssl publish the commit #'s that fixed each CVE?

Ethan Rahn ethan.rahn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 19:20:03 UTC 2017

Scott, I just checked the CVE ID's on mitre, and as of now ( 11:18 AM PST
1/26/17 ) they are all listed as 'reserved' and don't have any information
about the issue. NVD shows the same information. In either case, it seems
like an extra hoop to jump through to have to go to a third party site to
find a commit #, when the third party chooses to release the information.