[openssl-users] FW: problem with missing STDINT.H file

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Mon Jan 30 21:14:17 UTC 2017

On 30/01/2017 21:44, Carter, James M. (MSFC-ES34) wrote:

> The attached text file is a snippet from attempting to install
> openssl-1.1.0c on a Solaris 8 machine. As can be seen, failed when
> <stdint.h> could not be found. There is no such file anywhere on this
> machine. As root, searched from the root directory for the file. Do
> have <stdio.h> in more than one location, /usr/include
>   /opt/SUNWSpro/prod/include/CC/std
>   /opt/SUNWSpro/prod/include/CC/stlport4
>
> I found this file on GITHUB. Can it be downloaded and put in
> /usr/include or /opt/SUNWspro/prod/CC/std.

The correct contents of stdint.h depends on the compiler and
its options.  You can't just use a stdint.h written for a
different compiler/os/etc. combination.

At least with OpenSSL 1.0.2, OpenSSL can be compiled on systems
without stdint.h, maybe some of the logic in the new build
system mistakenly thinks Solaris/SunOS provides stdint.h even
when it doesn't.

Enjoy

Jakob