[openssl-users] OpenSSL Engine for TPM

Jan Just Keijser janjust at nikhef.nl
Fri Jul 7 14:39:53 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 06/07/17 06:39, Christian Hohnstädt wrote:
> The trousers project has one.
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/trousers/files/OpenSSL%20TPM%20Engine/

agreed, but this engine  does not really put the keys inside the TPM - instead it sets up a local repository that is encrypted
using a key from the TPM. If you look at the way it is designed, it is not really secure (as it's not impossible to find the
password that was used to encrypt the keys with).