[openssl-users] OpenSSL Engine for TPM

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Fri Jul 7 16:42:28 UTC 2017

Agreed. I've had good results with OpenSC-based devices such as the NitroKey HSM using the OpenSSL PKCS#11 engine. Requires installing the various prereqs and a bit of setup and experimentation, but it all works.

On Windows, the CAPI engine can also generally be used to drive HSMs, if they don't have a suitable PKCS#11 driver.

Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus