[openssl-users] Issue with TLS1.3 and s_time

Raj Jain Raj_Jain at symantec.com
Tue Jul 11 18:45:50 UTC 2017

I'm having an issue with s_time and s_server using the latest OpenSSL (1.1.1-dev) and tls1_3.

When I use tls1_2 connections are established and data is transferred.  However, when I use tls1_3 data is not transferred (connections are established).

Below are the commands I use for s_time and s_server.    I provided the output when I used -tls1_2 vs. -tls1_3 on the server.  Notice "bytes read 0" for TLS 1.3.    (I tried this on the loopback as well as 2 separate boxes)

Is this a known issue with s_time?

This is the client:
s_time -new -connect localhost:44330 -www /1M.txt -cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:TLS13-AES-256-GCM-SHA384

This is the server:
openssl s_server -key key.pem -cert cert.pem -accept 44330 -WWW -tls1_3

This is what I see with tls1_2:
1086 connections in 0.46s; 2360.87 connections/user sec, bytes read 51042
1086 connections in 2 real seconds, 47 bytes read per connection

This is what I see with tls1_3:
17663 connections in 7.67s; 2302.87 connections/user sec, bytes read 0
17663 connections in 31 real seconds, 0 bytes read per connection
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mta.openssl.org/pipermail/openssl-users/attachments/20170711/07038bae/attachment.html>

More information about the openssl-users mailing list