[openssl-users] openssl 1.0 and 1.1 co-exist

Ken Goldman kgoldman at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 31 18:18:17 UTC 2017

On 6/22/2017 7:05 AM, Jakob Bohm wrote:
> On 22/06/2017 04:31, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 01:44:34PM -0400, Ken Goldman wrote:
>>
>>> This is probably Linux specific ...
>>>
>>> Can both openssl versions co-exist on the same platform.  I know that
>>> the
>>> .so is versioned, but how about the header files?  Can I choose which
>>> library to build with?

I wasn't specific enough.

1 - ... using standard rpms, not a custom install
2 - ... building as well as executing
3 - ... just modifying the makefile to point to different headers and so

I.e., do the headers both go into /usr/include/openssl (which would clash)?

Do the .so's both have the same name - libcrypto.so?

It already works with a custom install and makefile.