[openssl-users] OpenSSL version 1.0.2l published

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Thu Jun 1 14:17:28 UTC 2017

On 06/01/2017 09:53 AM, Salz, Rich via openssl-users wrote:
>>       So the CHANGES file isn't really "changes".
>
> The full list of everything that has changed can be found via git logs.  As Matt said, we only put particularly significant items in the CHANGES file.

     Why?

     Why isn't the list of changes dumped into a simple text file and
included in the source release tarball ?   Consider users and systems
which do not have git installed by default.  For that matter, git does
not exist or even compile on those target systems but openssl most
certainly does.

Dennis