[openssl-users] Session Ticket Support in Openssl TLS 1.2

Neetish Pathak npathak2 at ncsu.edu
Tue Jun 13 23:32:14 UTC 2017

Thanks Salz and Benjamin for your feedback. Indeed my Wireshark version was
unable to decode TLS 1.3. I got an update from the shared link.

I had one doubt about the server side session caching. I read that server
side server caching is disabled by default. Then, how is session resumption
possible using session identifiers because that is is stateful resumption
as I have understood with servers maintaining the session info. Whereas
with session tickets, client maintains the session tickets.
I am getting confused on the session caching concept. Could someone please
clarify.

Also, for TLS 1.3, should the server caching be enabled for session
resumption ?

Thanks
BR,
Neetish