[openssl-users] FIPS CAVP tests for WinCE.

Jayalakshmi bhat bhat.jayalakshmi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 17:03:12 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I am using OpenSSL-FIPS-2.0.4 library on ARM7 + WinCE 6.0 with "user
affirm" the validation for Y per I.G. G.5.

We want to run latest CAVP test suites. We have built the  *build_algvs and
other executable* for the above product/build environment.
However when we are trying to execute the executable with  req file and
resp file parameters,  example  fips_drbgvs CTR_DRBG.req CTR_DRBG.resp
we end up in receiving error "error opening the input file".

Later we found that WinCE environment cannot read simple character file
name, it needs some windows specific conversion like WideCharToMultiByte.

We have the below questions,

1. Is there any way to build the test suites on  WinCE environment. User
guide says it is incomplete?
2. As these are test files, is it OK to modify them?

Regards
Jayalakshmi