[openssl-users] Session Ticket Support in Openssl TLS 1.2

Neetish Pathak npathak2 at ncsu.edu
Mon Jun 19 18:11:03 UTC 2017

Hi Matt,
Thanks
Could you help with following queries

1) On the blogpost for TLS1.3, you mentions the following in the session
section
The specification recommends that applications only use a session once
(although this is not enforced). For this reason some servers send multiple
session messages to a client. To enforce the “use once” recommendation
applications could use SSL_CTX_remove_session() to mark a session as
non-resumable (and remove it from the cache) once it has been used.

I am a bit confused here as to why "use once" is recommended. How will
resumption be ensured then ? I get a PSK in first connection and use it
again for all the other connections.

2) Can you suggest some places to put a time stamp in OpenSSL code.

Thanks
Best Regards,
Neetish