[openssl-users] Building libssl and libcrypto, .dlls and .libs, with (ABI compatibility)

Zarlenga.Mike Mike.Zarlenga at IGT.com
Tue Jun 27 15:58:09 UTC 2017

In message <36801de60bb64636a97247641981693c at RNOP-EXCI05.is.ad.igt.com> on Mon, 26 Jun 2017 01:18:39 +0000, "Zarlenga.Mike" <Mike.Zarlenga at IGT.com> said:

MZ> Has anyone on this mailing list gone through the steps necessary to
MZ> build OpenSSL 1.1.0f with the old filenames (libeay and ssleay)?

RL>Generally speaking, it's a bad idea.
RL>The 1.1.0 libraries aren't ABI backward compatible with the older versions.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for replying.

Since I'm rebuilding and relinking from source code, do I need to be concerned
with ABI backward compatibility?

I see that build.info builds the .libs for VMS with a 32/64 suffix, the same naming
convention that we're using for 1.0.n, and want to keep in 1.1.n. So, maybe, our
best way forward is a small change to build.info in the IF statement for /^VC-/ ?

Regards,
M Zarlenga

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is the property of International Game Technology PLC and/or its subsidiaries and may contain proprietary, confidential or trade secret information. This message is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized reading, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.