[openssl-users] mingw 64-bit build of 1.1.0e

sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Sun Mar 12 02:18:39 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Caswell
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2017 11:13 AM
To: openssl-users at openssl.org
Subject: Re: [openssl-users] mingw 64-bit build of 1.1.0e

> On 12/03/17 00:06, sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au wrote:

>> Disconcertingly, the summary at the end of ./config still announces
>> "THIRTY_TWO_BIT mode" but, at the end of the build, I definitely have the
>> X64 libraries that I wanted.
>
>Did you just try:
>
> perl Configure mingw64 no-shared zlib

Aaah ... that looks better.
I now get "SIXTY_FOUR_BIT mode".
And I don't have to do 'no-asm' which (I forgot to mention) I had to do with
my previous incantation.
Also, I can clear the CC environment variable.

I added '--prefix=C:/_64/msys_630/1.0/local' to ensure that the built
library would be installed where I wanted it. That, too, worked fine.

But where did it find libz ?
I don't see anything in the command that will point to any of the libz
installations that I know of.

Thanks, Matt !!

Cheers,
Rob