[openssl-users] openssl-users Digest, Vol 28, Issue 21

Kane Huang kane.huang at ericsson.com
Thu Mar 23 03:47:06 UTC 2017

Hi guys,
I want to use "multiblock" introduced from 1.0.2 to improve performance of ipsec packet process, which use aes_cbc_hmac_sha as main algorithm.
I have try openssl speed test with  ‘-mb’ and I observe that the test code use big  buffer size from 8192 to 131072, that show dramatic performance improvement
My questions are:

1)       Can i get so much improvement  when use multiblock on single stream with small data ,like date with size 512 or 1024 bytes.

2)       How to use the multiblock APIs? From speed.c , I saw some APIs call like  EVP_CIPHER_CTX_ctrl() with type EVP_CTRL_TLS1_1_MULTIBLOCK_AAD and EVP_CTRL_TLS1_1_MULTIBLOCK_ENCRYPT, is there any document regarding these?

Many thanks in advance for any advice here!

Thanks,
kane
Software developer, Ericsson