[openssl-users] TLS leak for openssl 1.1.0b with libcurl 7.50.3

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Sat Mar 25 14:13:47 UTC 2017

Those are curl functions, not openssl

--
Senior Architect, Akamai Technologies
Member, OpenSSL Dev Team
IM: richsalz at jabber.at Twitter: RichSalz

From: ghanashyam satpathy [mailto:ghanashyam.satpathy at gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 25, 2017 10:05 AM
To: openssl-users at openssl.org
Subject: [openssl-users] TLS leak for openssl 1.1.0b with libcurl 7.50.3

I use libcurl 7.50.3 as statically linked in my application dll , along
with openssl 1.1.0b also statically linked. The dll is dynamically loaded
using LoadLibrary() and unloaded using FreeLibrary() inside application
exe. I observed a TLS index is not getting freed which was allocated inside
openssl. To narrow down the issue I have following exported function, which
I call from my application exe. After FreeLibrary() I see the TLS leak
through APplication verifier.

extern "C" __declspec(dllexport)
void CurlSetup()
{

curl_global_init(CURL_GLOBAL_DEFAULT);
 curl_global_cleanup();
return;

}

An early reply in this context is appreciated.

Thanks