[openssl-users] Segmentation fault ssl23_connect()

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Tue May 2 18:18:07 UTC 2017

> On May 2, 2017, at 2:02 PM, Michael Ströder <michael at stroeder.com> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure whether OpenSSL 1.0.2k is even usable with this ancient OpenLDAP version.
> Especially it was set to historic status by the OpenLDAP project several years ago.
>
> I'd strongly recommend to use a recent OpenLDAP release before trying anything else.

It should "just work".  The OpenSSL 1.0.2 branch is expected to provide ABI
compatibility with older software built against OpenSSL 1.0.0, 1.0.1 and
older patch levels of 1.0.2.

There could of course be unfixed bugs in that OpenLDAP version that a newer
version of OpenSSL happens to expose, but generally speaking what worked
with 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 should continue to work with 1.0.2.

--
	Viktor.