[openssl-users] Problem compiling EVP_aes_128_gcm()

Lior Koskas liork.cryptobiu at gmail.com
Wed May 3 09:33:02 UTC 2017

 I viewed the file and the definition exists.
I also checked that I'm picking the correct version.

My problem is this line : EVP_EncryptInit_ex(&_ctx, EVP_aes_128_gcm(),
NULL, NULL, NULL);

I also tried to change the code to this two lines :
EVP_CIPHER *EVP evp_gcm = EVP_aes_128_gcm();
EVP_EncryptInit_ex(&_ctx, evp_gcm, NULL, NULL, NULL);

After the change I got this error : expected initializer before ‘evp_gcm’

What am I doing wrong?

On 3 May 2017 at 12:07, Matt Caswell <matt at openssl.org> wrote:

> On 03/05/17 09:43, Lior Koskas wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using EVP_aes_128_gcm and have problem with compiling it with
> > OpenSSL 1.1.0 (earlier versions are compiling).
> > Although I included <openssl/evp.h> I got this error : error:
> > ‘EVP_aes_128_gcm’ was not declared in this scope.
> >
> > I'm using CentOS 7.3.
> >
> > Which file I need to include in order to compile EVP_aes_128_gcm ?
>
> It's still declared in evp.h:
>
> const EVP_CIPHER *EVP_aes_128_gcm(void);
>
> Perhaps you are not picking up the version of evp.h that you think you are?
>
> Matt
>
> --

Lior           Koskas
Software Engineer