[openssl-users] Build from source; library not found?

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Thu May 18 20:08:33 UTC 2017

In message <20170517143939.7A4AC40107 at smtp03.mail.de> on Wed, 17 May 2017 16:39:39 +0200, Hiran Chaudhuri <hiran.chaudhuri at mail.de> said:

hiran.chaudhuri>     Incidently, I think that when you do this, you'll find that it
hiran.chaudhuri>     finds
hiran.chaudhuri>     your libraries all right:
hiran.chaudhuri>
hiran.chaudhuri>     $ ldd /prefix/openssl/bin/openssl
hiran.chaudhuri>
hiran.chaudhuri> Now this is interesting. Yes, openssl can find both the libraries
hiran.chaudhuri> libssl and libcrypto. Would that imply that rpath is only a setting
hiran.chaudhuri> for application (executables) but not for shared libraries?
hiran.chaudhuri> In that case the test I tried would be totally meaningless.

Yes, that's correct.

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org